Tuesday 12 February 2013

"Almighty Allah says, I treat my slave (man) according to his expectations from Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me.  If he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a better and nobler gathering (i.e. of angels).  If he comes closer to Me by one span, I go towards him a cubit's length, if he comes towards Me by a cubit's length, I go towards him an arm's length, and if he walks towards Me, I run unto him."
Explanation: 

There are several points elaborated in this Hadith.  The first point is that Allah deals with a man according to his expectations from Him.  One should therefore always be hopeful of the mercy and benevolence of Almighty Allah and never be despondent of His blessings.  

Certainly, we are extremely sinful and justly deserve punishment on account of our evil deeds, yet in no case should we feel despondent of the mercy of Allah, as He may perhaps totally forgive us.

No comments:

Post a Comment